Sunday, October 30, 2011

52 Miles this Month

It sometimes amazes me: a month with lots of no running days and I still managed to put in 52 miles of running! I have been finding it hard to adjust working along with bad weather to get into a rhythm of training. Lots of ups and downs this month. Some really great training runs; setting a PR in a race but yet it was also fraught with days of no running because of work or weather.  2 weeks of races in a row also seemed to take their toll. I was especially tired after the 10k.  But....today I ran 5 miles and it was easy and pleasant. Perhaps it was because the sun was shining and it was not snowing or raining. This weekend was one of cold icy rain, sleet, and snow...oh and did I say wind also??  It was not a pleasant introduction to winter but, for sure, it was an interesting month for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment