Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quick PT Update

This was the best week at PT! After a week fraught with frozen pipes, being inundated with tons of snow and feeling like I've been hibernating like a bear I finally got to PT on Wednesday. No stim or heat packs...I got right on the elliptical as my warm up! About 15 minutes of that at a nice pace and it was on to stretching my muscles. With that complete, I hit the treadmill for 3 minutes walk, 5 minute run, 2 minute walk and 15 run...YES...and 3 walk. I know it was cardio because I was sweating! Then it was on to a bunch of quad and calf strengthening exercises....and a massage and ice. Yes! It was a great workout and I felt so good after I was done. Although, next time I'll wear shorts! My PT said we should be closing in on a half an hour very soon! And today my hip feels just fine! I only have 3 more PT sessions until I can pick up the pace and start a training schedule once again. It has been over 2 months since my last run on the pavement which is now covered with snow and ice! But that's another story.........

No comments:

Post a Comment