Friday, September 30, 2011

It's still September!

So, today is the last day of September. This month was exceptionally busy since the work/school year has started again. Training has been a bit of a juggle to try and find a rhythm. The summer was great. Get up early (later than a work day) run, have a leisurely breakfast and get on with the day even when it was hot and humid. But my work day means up at 6am out the door by 7ish. For me, personally, I cannot get up earlier to run. I know me, it would not work out at all.  So, now it is trying to get mentally prepared at the end of the day to go out and run after standing on my feet all day.  I know I will have to try to work on leaving school a bit earlier whenever possible!  

And now for the September running report.....

Overall, some how September has added up to 58.5 miles of running. It amazes me! 
September 11th I ran a 10k. A bit more hilly than I expected. The route was behind Jericho HS in Brookville. It was really pretty with beautiful homes and rolling hills. My time was actually better than I expected: 1:04. I was totally satisfied. I realize that a 10k does take a toll on me. I was extremely tired the next day and yoga was difficult as well. I absolutely need rest time to refresh my legs, refresh my mind and repair the muscles. Somehow, in the midst of a busy start to the school year I have managed to put my miles in and stick (almost completely) to my coach's plan. Training, I have surmised, is always a work in progress. 

So, now I am gearing up for October. I plan on doing 2 races this month: 5K and a 10K.
I certainly feel ready but I know that after the 10K I will need that rest, refresh and repair and then continue to run. Today, the last day of September I ran 4 miles in beautiful temperate conditions this morning. Clear, minimal humidity, about 65 degrees. I think I'm looking forward to Fall running. Lots of Halloween decorations and fall colors to view as I run through my neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Go mom! The weather is changing and with cool air brings pleasant training runs. No more hot humid days!

    ReplyDelete