Friday, February 25, 2011

Time for a New Start!

It has been about one and a half weeks since my last PT session. That session went well. And it really seemed appropriate that it was my last. I felt like it was not where I needed to be anymore! I stretched, did my exercises, warmed up on the elliptical. Then I ran for about 25 minutes and got a awesome massage. Yes, it was time to say goodbye and get on with running on my own.  Friday, February 18th was a beautiful day. About 60 degrees and perfect for less layers and my first real run in the neighborhood. Although I felt great and my hip was also, I noticed the decrease of running time over the past few months made a difference in my endurance. My breathing was noticeably, although not uncomfortable, more labored and harder to get under control.  But I did run! I took care afterward to do a little bit of stretching and used an ice pack for about 10 minutes. The next day revealed no particular ache!  I ran two days later another 2 miles. Yesterday, I ran longer, 2.8 miles in about 30 minutes. I felt that was just the right amount of time. I know as I accumulate the miles I will feel better and my breathing will improve. This has been a long long winter. My running got cut short in November. 3 months of PT and limited running. Health-wise my cholesterol levels (always an issue) are great as well.  I am hopeful that I will be able to ramp up the mileage so I can run the 10k Long Island Festival of  Races. I have a goal in front of me and I'm ready to begin once again.  It is time for a new beginning.

1 comment: