Sunday, November 14, 2010

Endurance Week

This was a week of training that sure required endurance on my part. 

Monday 
yoga 

Tuesday 
3 miles

Wednesday 
10 minute easy warm up
5x2 minute intervals w/ 1 minute easy running in between.
5-10 minute cool down. 
 
Thursday 
 4-5 miles easy except 10 minutes @ 5k race goal pace...not too bad 

Friday
  RITUAL/2.5miles .....but it just didn't happen........zero miles...
stretched  a little but that was it for the day!
 
Saturday 
  Today was interesting
1.5 miles warm up......I felt really great....like I could just keep running but then I arrived at the school track......
1 mile on the track...fast but not all out and 1 mile all out........well....it didn't happen exactly like that...my all out got up and left. My pace was just about the same as my PR 9:15. And it was exhausting! The only nice part was running on the track was nice and soft on my feet! Wish the streets were paved like that!  I could barely seem to run home.....although that's exactly what I did. I wonder where I got the strength from for that 1.5 miles?? 
Sunday 
Today was supposed to be my long run day. It was a busy busy day trying to fit in everything I needed to do before the work week begins. Finally, at about 4:00pm I went out to run. I only got 2 miles in when I hit the "wall" and just stopped...and walked home. Everything....calves, quads, etc were just tightened up too much to go on any further. Now I've decided that an ice pack would be good on my hip...I think it is helping. I keep wondering how do endurance athletes do this week in and week out...especially the ones around my age group! Hmmmmmmm.

1 comment: