Sunday, July 4, 2010

June Races and Training

Last Wednesday I decided to run the local park Wednesday night 5k race. I also figured I should save some $$$ and become a member. So now I am an official card carrying member of the Long Island Road Running Club! The race went o.k. I noticed my time at the 1 mile: 9:32. I thought it must be a mistake since I was a bit sluggish. It didn't seem too hot...but I grabbed the water cup and tossed it on my head and ran through the sprinkler they had set up! I ran the 5k in 31:10. Respectable but I thought I was a bit slower than usual?? I came in 4th in my age group but really I was in the bottom 1/3 of the entire group of about 190 people. Guess we'll see what happens this week....it's supposed to be a heat wave.....98 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment