Monday, June 10, 2013

LI Marathon Races: 10K May 5

So…..I crushed my PR today by almost 6 minutes!! I was more than pleased with that!!  I learned a few racing things today as well.  If I do scope out my competition I should start closer to them.  If perhaps I was closer (or ahead) at the start…perhaps it would have helped…what do you think?  I was a bit nervous today but shook it off by lots of stretching and also warming up for about 1.5 miles.  It was a very ‘festive’ atmosphere.  I went out entirely too fast…but I wasn’t breathing extra hard and felt ok. I knew it was faster than usual but I wasn’t ‘sprinting.’  I developed a ‘stitch’ in my side at about mile 3 and was getting a bit concerned…it wasn’t bad but noticeable.  Then as I approached mile 4 it disappeared! Hmmmm….what causes them?  I got to mile 5 and that’s when my quads woke up and started to complain…LOL. But I tried to keep the hammer down and stay on pace.  I had been hoping to ‘pick people off’ but that wasn’t happening…they started passing me by the last ½ mile. Poo! Overall, I was more than pleased with my performance!
AG 2nd place  56:12.   91st out of 907 women who ran the race…. 298 out of 1523 overall!   I guess I will have to start learning more about racing strategies!
Thanks coach! http://www.zimmermantraining.com/  I did it because of your constant focus on my training! Oh…yeah and mine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment