Sunday, April 1, 2012

No April Fools!!


Sunday, April 1st...  I definitely geared up for this big running day both mentally and physically.
Woke up and had a small breakfast…English muffin w/peanut butter and some Gatorade
I did not leave on my run until almost 2 ½ hours later.  Got my fuel  belt on with one bottle of Gatorade * ½ diluted with water.  Got 1 pkge of Gatorade “prime” gummies in my belt and took off. Felt fine most of the time. I divided the time up in half figuring it would be about 2 hours altogether. After 1 hour, I took off the top layer and decided that was a good time for my ‘snack’ I ate all 4 gummies…tasted like candy.  And within the next 15 minutes the 8oz drink was history.  I made a park “pit stop” detour at that point. And then I was ready for part 2.  I was really more energized I think because of the gummies and a drink. I wasn’t really hurting either….until about mile 9 or 10. That’s when my knee started aching a bit. I kept running through it.  I even made a plan to run past my block as to give my self the idea that the running was not quite done yet.  Usually I see my block and that’s when I get really tired! LOL. All psychological I assume! Got home and rested, drank, ate etc…even walked the dog. My knee was then feeling fine. Who knows?? All in all I am very tired and a bit sore but ok.  Hope that I’m feeling the same tomorrow. I will go easy in yoga tomorrow, but I think the stretching will be beneficial. With all that said….I am quite pleased and definitely more psychologically ready to run the 13.1 miles next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment