Monday, May 2, 2011

APRIL FOOLS...IT'S REALLY MAY

April, is the first month I did not write a post! But, nevertheless I will do it now, in May.
April was not a particularly nice weather month. Cold, chilly, and lots of rain. At least one week of it was spent in Denver, Colorado where it was certainly warmer than New York. I tried to keep up with the miles this month, but the weather was a big factor. (Note to coach: no matter what torrential downpours are not for running) Even with that said, I racked up about 39 miles so I'm not disappointed at all. Running in Colorado was great. I was surprised that I acclimated so well so fast. In the past, it would take a day or two just be able to climb the stairs in my sister's house. This time, on the second day, I ran about 3 miles, and not too breathlessly. The fact that it was warm was even sweeter. Once I got home it was right back to work and some how got the energy to run on Thursday even after getting home later than I had planned. I was determined to get 4 miles in as preparation for the 10k race on Sunday. So stay tuned for the next installment:  LI Festival of Races 10K and the race day report!

No comments:

Post a Comment